In this article, we will answer the question “Can you cook ramen in a rice cooker?”, what mistakes to avoid when cooking ramen in a rice cooker, how to cook ramen in a rice cooker, how long do fresh ramen noodles stay in the fridge, and how to cook pasta in the rice cooker.
Can you cook ramen in a rice cooker?
Yes, you can cook ramen in a rice cooker. Start by pouring water into the rice cooker sot hat it is 3-4 inches full. Leave the rice cooker to preheat on high until you start noticing the steam escaping the rice cooker. Empty the ramen noodle and seasoning packet into the rice cooker.
Draw out the excess liquid from the rice cooker before dumping the noodles and seasoning in it. Stir the ingredients to mix everything well. Then leave to cook for about 15 minutes. Check for doneness after 10 minutes.
Cook the eggs and the meat in the preheated rice cooker before cooking the ramen noodles in the broth. The veggies can be added along with the noodles. The meat will take about 15 mins to cook while the eggs cook up in about 10 minutes.
Let the noodles stay in the hot soup for about 5 minutes before digging in. This allows the noodles to finish cooking in the residual heat and prevents them from going mushy.
What mistakes to avoid when cooking ramen in a rice cooker?
Adding too little water
The bowl should be filled with enough water to cook the ingredients without scorching them. Do not leave your food unsupervised for prolonged periods in the rice cooker. Check after the suggested time or you may end up burning your food.
Not using the temperature guide
Your food won’t come out undercooked or overcooked if you heat it at the correct temperature for the correct time. If you have trouble finding out what temperature to cook your food at, use the temperature guide that comes along with the rice cooker to get an idea.
Not cleaning the bowl after cooking a strong-smelling food
If you do not want your rice to smell like meat you made previously in the same rice cooker, make sure to wash the rice cooker properly after each cooking session.
It not only prevents your food from picking up undesirable odors but also prevents cross-contamination.
How to make ramen in a rice cooker?
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (13.5 ounces) can of light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai garlic chile paste
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 (3 ounces) packages of ramen noodles
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 2 green onions, chopped½ cup chopped fresh cilantro½ cup chopped fresh basil
- Add water, soy sauce, coconut milk, chile paste, and peanut butter into a slow cooker. Then stir in the onion, garlic, ginger green pepper, and cubed chicken. Last but not the least, stir in the ramen noodles.
- Leave to cook the noodles for about 15-20 minutes. When the cooking time is over, sprinkle and stir the seasoning into the ramen noodles.
- Finish off with cucumbers, green onions, cilantro, and basil on top. Serve warm and enjoy.
How long do fresh ramen noodles stay in the fridge?
If stored correctly, ramen noodles can last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Note that this time is for best quality only and you can expect your ramen noodles to last a bit longer.
If you want your ramen noodles to last for months, put them in vacuum-sealed bags and freeze them. Consume within the first 2 months of freezing for best quality. Do not keep it in the freezer for more than 3 months.
How to cook pasta in a rice cooker?
- Pour water into the rice cooker such that it is no more than ⅔ full. Stir in some salt to season the water. This makes your pasta much more flavorful.
- Let the water boil on high. Dump in the pasta when the water comes to a rolling boil. Allow the pasta to cook for the suggested time on the pasta package.
- Your best bet is to cook the pasta al-dente to prevent it from going mushy.
- Strain the pasta using a sieve. Serve onto a platter and pour the sauce on top.
In this article, we answered the question “Can you cook ramen in a rice cooker?”, what mistakes to avoid when cooking ramen in a rice cooker, how to cook ramen in a rice cooker, how long do fresh ramen noodles stay in the fridge, and how to cook pasta in the rice cooker.