In this brief guide, we will answer the question, “how to cook red rice in a rice cooker?” and discuss what recipe supplies are needed to cook red rice in a rice cooker.
How to cook red rice in a rice cooker?
To cook red rice in a rice cooker, you need to follow some simple steps.
- Add water or broth, salt, and oil to the rice cooker.
- Add herbs like dried bay leaves.
- Add rice to the rice cooker.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes and on the cooker so the rice can start cooking.
- Let the red rice cook in your rice cooker until it is done cooking, which should take about 5 minutes on average (the exact time will depend on how much rice you are using).
- Let the steam release before opening the rice cooker.
- For a unique taste to develop in your red rice recipe, you can use garlic, soya sauce, and olive oil in a pan and saute the cooked red rice in it for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Serve the cooked red rice hot and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Recipe supplies to cook red rice in a rice cooker
To cook red rice in a rice cooker, you will need the following:
- Herbs to taste
- Olive oil for sauteing the rice
Soaking red rice before cooking
- Wash the rice in cold water until the water runs clear.
- Pour the washed rice into a large bowl and add 2 cups of cold water.
- Let the ingredients stand for 30 minutes.
- Add one cup of fresh water to the bowl and soak for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will give it a more tender texture for cooking in a rice cooker.
- After soaking, drain off any excess liquid from your rice and rinse thoroughly with cool water before proceeding to cook it in your rice cooker!
Guidelines to cook red rice in a rice cooker
To make perfect red rice in a rice cooker, follow these simple steps:
- Wash the rice in cold water, then drain it and place it in the inner pot of your rice cooker.
- Add water to cover the rice by 1/2 inch, and then place the lid on top of the pot.
- Set the machine to “brown rice setting or multigrain setting” mode, and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off your rice cooker and let the steam escape before removing the lid from the rice cooker.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and serve!
In this brief guide, we have addressed the question, “how to cook red rice in a rice cooker?” and discussed other questions related to the subject, such as what recipe supplies are needed to cook red rice in a rice cooker.